The technology offers some significant and distinct advantages over more traditional geospatial techniques:
- The scanning technique is not based on discrete data point observation as in traditional surveying, but is a continual and fully encompassing sweeping scan of the asset using absolute data. This leads to a significant improvement in the level of detail and accuracy of the raw data plus a more extensive range of possibilities for data analysis and use.
- The data is able to assess the overall asset or structure such that returns to site are not necessary common occurrence within geospatial work.
- Less intrusive operations, leading to improved health and safety for the task and lower site investment.
- Less site presence required.
- Bespoke modelling, allowing analysis of highly complex sites and assets very quickly and easily.
- Providing comparisons between existing infrastructure and proposed installations for clash analysis is made considerably easier with the technology.
- The method of data collection is more robust and versatile than traditional techniques.